Q: What is an Ihram and how should I wear it?
A: The Ihram garments for men consists of two pieces of white sheet. Wrap the larger sheet around your waist to cover your body from the navel to the ankles. Secure the Ihram either with a belt or by a strip of fabric torn from Ihram material. Drape the other sheet over the back and shoulders and wear a pair of stitched or unstitched sandals or shoes which do not cover the ankles. The head should not be covered, and no underwear should be used. The Ihram should preferably be white.
Q: Should women wear the Ihram?
A: Women are allowed to make Ihram in any dress they wish which fulfills the Islamic conditions of public dress, regardless of the color. Women's hands and face should be uncovered in Ihram. Their heads should be covered.
Q: Are there things I should and shouldn't be doing while I am in a state of Ihram?
A: Yes, a Muhrim (someone who is in state of Ihram) must observe certain obligations and prohibitions.
* Keep your head uncovered at all times. Women should keep their heads covered
* Do not shave, cut your hair, clip your nails, use perfume, or wear sewn clothes of any kind
* Do not perform marriage or get married yourself
* Do not kill an animal of any kind for any reason, unless it poses a danger to you and to the others.
* Do not enter into conjugal relations with your spouse. Avoid suggestive and provocative talk or gestures and remain focused on Hajj